Infosec Reading List – May 2018
On a monthly basis I will publish my reading recommendations which mainly focus on Information Security and Outdoor Sports – but you will also find other recommendations from time to time.
All InfoSec Reading Lists can be found here.
Best of Twitterverse
- Threats That Matter – demystification of threats that sometimes should not be a your key priority to address – link
- Endpoint Isolation with the Windows Firewall – excellent article on using native tools on isolating and hardening Win endpoints on the network layer – there is no need to invest in fancy cyber stuff in the beginning – do the basics first – link
- Why is the Cyber Security Industry Addicted to Marketing? – link
- Top Five Ways I gained access to Your Corporate Wireless Network (Lo0tBo0ty KARMA edition) – link
- Here’s Amazon’s explanation for the Alexa eavesdropping scandal – “Amazon takes privacy very seriously” – we will probably hear this more often in the future – link
- Hacker Q&A with Rachel Tobac: Hacking Companies Through Their People – “Social engineering isn’t necessarily malicious though – we social engineer children to eat vegetables, too” – link
- WordPress xmlrpc.php -common vulnerabilites & how to exploit them – link