Infosec Reading List – December 2017
On a monthly basis I will publish my reading recommendations which mainly focus on Information Security and Outdoor Sports – but you will also find other recommendations from time to time.
All InfoSec Reading Lists can be found here.
Best of Twitterverse
- Why We Pay Hackers to Break Us – BugBounty program at RiotGames, the creator of the League Of Legends game – link
- How Facebook’s Annual “Hacktober” Campaign Promotes Cybersecurity to Employees – link
- Breach Basics: Preparation for the Inevitable – link
- The Motherboard Guide to Not Getting Hacked – actually a pretty good guide with a lot of good and effective recommendations – link
- LFI to Command Execution: Deutche Telekom Bug Bounty – link
IoT (with S for “Security”)
- Apple fixes HomeKit bug that allowed remote unlocking of users’ doors – link
- Drone maker DJI left its private SSL, firmware keys open to world+dog on GitHub FOR YEARS – nothing too uncommon, but I recommend to have a look at the full story PDF here – link
- Bikerafting: A Beginner’s Guide – link
- Greenland Step By Step – link
- Carts for Desert Expeditions – short and incomplete list of desert carts / carriers – link