Mallorca is awesome for hiking – although it doesn’t look like this in the first place. The GR221, as part of the European network of long-distance trails, provides roughly 150 lovely kilometers of connected trails. Additionally, there is a lot of map material available with which you can create your own alternatives.
- Date: Easter 2014 – 2 persons – roughly 1 week
- We took the “Tren de Soller” from Palma to Soller from which we headed towards the coast to Port de Soller
- From Port de Soller, we hitched / took a bus to Deia in order to walk again north along the coast (recommended!) until reaching Port de Soller again.
- We continued to Santuari de Lluc (where we also slept 1 night) while doing some variants (Torrent de Pareis)
- We took a tent for being more flexible – but not really needed if you stick to the general recommendations
Difficulties & Challenges